Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Wife's Birthday

Ahh so it is like 5 in the morning and yesterday was my wife's birthday.

I really tried to make it special for her this year and I really hope she appreciates it.

I started off the birthday just before 12am by giving her some earrings that I got her. I want the get her something special and went to the jewelry store. No this is not a copout since she likes her studs and my son for some reason keeps on trowing them away. I decided to mark her birtday with some tanzanite studs. I must say it REALLY looks good on her. (Actually now thinking she realy makes a lot of stuff look good).

During the day I wanted to get her some flowers and although this is not an excuse, the day just swallowed me in and I forgot to get her some until it was too late.

Anyway come the nite. I really wanted and decided this year to go all out and spoil her. I actually made some reservations and we went to the 12 Apostles hotels restuarant, Azure. I even dressed up abit for the occasion. This meal was really hard on the pocket but she deserves it. The meal was good as I had some duck while she had a nice steak. After the meal they brought her a little chocolate birtday cake with a candle which I must admit was kinda cool. 'Happy Birthday' was written in chocolate on the plate, but the candle kinda went dead when they put it down. It was during this time that I gave her her last little present. This was a simple wedding band as she lost hers some time ago and it was never replaced.

Anyway even if I have to admit it myself I really enjoyed last nite and though the day was very hard on the pocket I think my wife enjoyed it.

Anyway
Happy Birthday A, I love you and you really deserve the best....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my W! This was such a beautiful gesture of you. Never knew you such a romantic my friend?

Aw. A must be SO thrilled. You certainly gave her a wonderful birthday gift(s) and never mind your pocket! It was worth it and she will remember it forever! You two will always be looking back at that cake with the dilapidated candle and smile.

Happy belated to her. Hugs to yr son Seth. You take care. Glad you blogging again :-D

Unknown said...

Heavy business boss... you got me smiling from ear to ear ... hope you dont mind im taking some notes here pal... ;-) keep up da good work boss... Good on you lad!